All New Traxxas Spartan Boat (5707) ESCs and Brushless motors are now manufactured by Castle Creations.
Traxxas introduces the Spartan 2.4 RTR Boat with Brushless System and 2 to 7 cell battery packs. The Spartan 2.4 RTR Boat does not disappoint with its ballistic speed that leaves behind a huge waterfall of roost that continues to rain down long after the boat has sped past. Out of the box this boat can rocket across the water at speeds in excess of 30 mph.
If you really want speed you can purchase a 2 to 6 cell Thunder Power LiPo battery pack and achieve speeds greater than 50 mph. This boat will satisfy even the most speed hungry enthusiasts.
The Traxxas Spartan has been designed for incredible performance and speed. It incorporates a super rigid 36 inch deep V hull, smooth cable drive efficiency, an innovative water cooling system with precise aluminum and stainless steel drive controls. The transom and ride pad of the hull is built up in layers to provide maximum rigidity. Integrated into the boat is a battery tray that has been designed to securely hold a variety of battery configurations including the standard 7-cell NiMH packs (included with the boat) to 3S Thunder Power LiPos.
You can easily adjust ride trim by moving the battery packs fore and aft using the easy to use hook and loop straps that secure the batteries. The rudder has been designed so you can carve outstanding full throttle turns. To control all this the Traxxas Spartan comes with a high output 2.4GHz radio system with Traxxas link. All the electronics in the boat are water cooled and waterproof to ensure the Spartan will provide you with all day trouble free running.
The Spartan is fully assembled with a TQ 2.4GHz radio system Velineon brushless power system, applied graphics and detailed instructions. Two Traxxas Power Cell 7-cell NiMH batteries are also included. Designed specifically for the high-power needs of the Velineon brushless system, the potent Power Cell packs feature heavy-duty construction, 12-gauge wires and the Traxxas High-Current Connectors for efficient power transfer, run after run.
Modern Reinforced Hull
The foundation of the Spartan's extreme performance is its all-new hull. Lightweight yet incredibly strong, the Spartan's ABS hull is designed to withstand the stress of high-voltage brushless horsepower without the weight penalty of a fiberglass hull. The transom bulkhead also incorporates bosses for the trim tabs, turn fins, rudder support and drive strut, eliminating the need for plywood doublers and additional hardware inside the hull. In the Spartan's bow, molded foam is form-fitted to the interior, adding security as it further stiffens the hull. Outside the hull, the Spartan impresses with its durable, vivid, factory-applied graphics - a Traxxas trademark.
The Spartan's hatch is secured by a single body clip and removes in seconds for fast and easy access to the hull interior. No sealing tape is required and a specially designed drip rail in the hull channels away any water that washes over the hatch.
Streamlined Water Outlet
Nothing was overlooked in the effort to optimize every detail of the Spartan - even the water outlet is unique! Instead of an unsightly piece of tubing, the Spartan's water outlet is streamlined and integrated into the hull, maintaining its sleek look.
The Spartan's bold graphics make it the most stunning boat on the pond, with a custom look even pro painters can't match. No painting or decaling is required; all the graphics are applied to get the Spartan out of the box and into the water with speed and style.
Integrated Battery Trays
The Spartan's hull is further strengthened by its integrated battery trays which securely hold a variety of battery configurations, from the included 7-cell Power Cell NiMH packs to optional 3S LiPos. The roomy trays allow the hull to be trimmed by positioning the packs fore and aft, and convenient hook-and-loop straps secure the batteries.
Removable Power Module
A signature feature of the Spartan is its unique Power Module. The VXL-6s speed control, waterproof receiver box, and powerful 2056 high-torque servo are all bolted securely to the tray. Detach the steering linkage and flex cable then loosen just two screws to release the Spartan's electronics. All of the electronic components including the motor and stuffing tube lift out as a unit. No other boat makes it so easy to access the hull interior and electronics, and the molded parts fit into the hull precisely for perfect alignment without crude brackets or wooden stringers. The Power Module also contributes to the Spartan's stability by holding the electronic components low in the hull. The Spartan's low center of gravity, combined with its wave-cutting
-V hull, gives it high stability without compromising high performance.
High-Strength Aluminum Hardware
Extreme brushless horsepower demands rigid drive hardware and a flex-free transom for sharp and predictable handling. The rudder, rudder support and drive strut are extruded and machined from rugged 6000-series aluminum alloy for maximum strength and then polished and anodized vivid blue for that unmistakable Traxxas look. When you lean the Spartan over into a water-carving turn, you can count on the rudder to dig in and hold your line. The rudder incorporates a pickup for the water-cooling system, and uses oilite bushings for smooth steering action. The drive strut also uses oilite bushings for corrosion-free performance and features an oiling hole for easy maintenance.
Velineon VXL-6s Marine ESC
Velineon 540XL Brushless Motor
- Innovative waterproof design
- integrated water cooling
- Three programmable drive profiles:
- Sport Mode - 100% FWD / 15% REV
- Race Mode - 100% FWD / No REV
- Training Mode - 50% FWD / 15% REV
- High-efficiency MOSFET transistors
- Built-in two-stage low-voltage detection for LiPo batteries
- Thermal overload protection
- Voltage overload protection
- Locked rotor protection
- Throttle Neutral Setting protection
- NiCd and NiMH battery packs: 6-18 cells (7.2 to 21.6 volts
- LiPo battery packs: 2-6 cells (7.4 to 22.2 volts)
- 12-gauge Maxx Cable wire
- Traxxas High-Current Connectors
Traxxas Spartan 2.4 RTR Boat Features
- Ultra high-temperature sintered Neodymium magnets
- Optimized for power and efficiency in marine applications
- Consistent high-power output, run after run
- Low-maintenance design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- High-efficiency bullet connectors
- 5mm output shaft
- Brilliant blue-anodized finish
- Silicon steel laminations
- Unique high-flow silicone water cooling jacket
Traxxas Spartan 2.4 RTR Boat Specifications
- 30+mph out of the box, 50+mph on 6S LiPo!
- 36" deep-V hull for stable high-speed performance
- Water-cooled, waterproof VXL-6s Marine speed control
- 6S LiPo compatible with built-in Low-Voltage Detection
- Traxxas High-Current Connectors
- Velineon 540 XL high-output brushless motor with high-flow water-cooling jacket
- Quick-release Power Module integrates power system, waterproof electronics and stuffing tube
- Adjustable battery trays with hook-and-loop straps
- Blue-anodized aluminum rudder support, rudder and drive strut
- Stainless steel turn fins, trim tabs and hardware
- TQ 2.4GHz High-Output radio system with Traxxas Link
- Includes two 7-cell Power Cell battery packs
- Waterproof high-torque steering servo
- Sleek design with factory-applied graphics
** Note: Charger is not Included
- Hull Type: Deep-V
- Dead Rise Angle: 26 Degrees
- Hull Length: 36.5 Inches (927mm)
- Overall length: 40.8 (1037mm)
- Beam: 9.5 Inches (243mm)
- Weight: 72oz (2041g)
- Speed Control Type: Traxxas Velineon VXL-6s, Water-cooled
- Input Voltage: 7-18 NiMH Cells, 2-6 LiPo Cells (8.4-22.2 Volts DC)
- BEC Voltage: 6.0 VDC
- BEC Current: 3A
- Power Wire: 12 gauge Maxx Cable
- Thermal Protection: Thermal shutdown
- Low Voltage Detection: Yes (user enabled)
- Motor (electric): Traxxas Velineon 540XL Brushless, water-cooled
- Drive System: Direct Drive, 0.150" Flex Cable
- Outdrive: Adjustable Aluminum
- Prop: 2-blade composite, 42x59mm
- Transmitter: TQ 2.4GHz High Output with Traxxas Link
- Receiver: 2218 2.4GHz Micro 5-channel with Traxxas Link
- Servo: 2056 High-torque waterproof
- Batteries: Two Power Cell 7-cell packs with High Current Connector
Get More Info: View the Technical Information for Traxxas Spartan RTR RC Boat 2.4GHz w/ Brushless System and 2 Nimh Batteries, 30 to 50+ mph speeds.