Now includes the TQ 2.4GHz high-output radio system with Traxxas Link
LiPo Battery Recommendations (road tested)
Traxxas Scaled Down Everything..Except the Power! E-Revo Innovation, Precision, and Performance—Now in 1/16 Scale! It's the 1/16th Scale High Performance E-Revo VXL from Traxxas.
- 30+mph Out Of The Box…50+mph All-Out!
- Velineon® Brushless Power with new VXL-3m speed control
- Powerful Velineon 380 motor - largest in class
- Ready-To-Race® With Included Traxxas Power Cell NiMH Battery
Traxxas sets the standard for power, performance and innovation. Now, for the first time, all the speed, quality and capability you expect from Traxxas is available in 1/16 scale with the new 1/16 E-Revo VXL. At 14 inches long, E-Revo VXL is about half the size of the 1/10-scale E-Revo. But don't call it a "mini"—this is a whole new category of R/C performance and fun that no mere mini-model can match. Beneath the factory-finished polycarbonate shell, you'll find the winning suspension technology of the seven-time National Champion Traxxas Revo®, screaming Velineon® brushless-motor power, and the convention-busting innovation of the E-Revo.
Fully assembled, Ready-To-Race®, with TQ™ radio, Velineon® 380 motor, VXL-3m electronic speed control, 7.2 volt NiMH battery & charger, and ProGraphix® painted body. Colors may vary.
Traxxas 2.4GHz Radio System
Proven Traxxas Innovation
- 2.4GHz Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) clarity and control
- Exclusive Traxxas Link™ automatic model recognition (patent pending)
- Cross-bind up to 20 Traxxas Link enabled transmitters and receivers for worry-free model management.
- High output signal for maximum range
- Simple two-button programming interface:
- Steering and throttle sensitivity (Expo)
- Steering and braking dual rate
- Steering and throttle end points
- Steering and throttle sub-trim
- Programmable multi-function knob
- Integrated fail-safe security
- Fast 13ms frame rate and 4-17ms latency provides instant response and precise control
- 5-channel receiver with 2 steering inputs for dual servo systems
- Two-color status LED
- Requires only 4 AA batteries
- Comfortable ergonomic design
No detail was overlooked in our mission to bring all the capability, durability, and excitement of Traxxas' award-winning models to 1/16 scale for fast, affordable R/C fun. The E-Revo VXL is built on the race-winning, track-proven innovation of the Revo and E-Revo models. The standard-bearer of design excellence, the Revo's F1-inspired, rocker-actuated suspension has been expertly adapted to 1/16 scale with all its functionality and performance intact, right down to the oil-filled, threaded-body GTR shocks. This superior technology provides capability, performance, and tuning functions at the absolute pinnacle of truck design. The suspension and electronics are fully integrated into the semi-monocoque chassis design that stunned the world when it debuted with the E-Revo. Intricately molded as a single piece, the chassis balances strength and weight, function and aesthetics, convenience and performance to far surpass the standards of the "mini" category. In 1/16 scale, it is an even more impressive achievement of packaging and performance optimization that could only come from Traxxas, The Fastest Name In Radio Control®
Some mini-models are "fast for a mini." That's not good enough for Traxxas. The 1/16 E-Revo VXL is just plain fast. At 30+mph with the included 6-cell NiMH battery, E-Revo VXL is nearly twice as fast as most mini models, and faster than most electric RTR trucks of any scale. Install a second 6-cell battery to unleash the Velineon Brushless Power System's full fury, and E-Revo VXL jumps to over 50mph—all with proven-safe NiMH packs. No other RTR truck, regardless of scale, makes it so easy and affordable to experience this level of high speed and wheelie-popping power.
Velineon Brushless Power
All-new and built specifically for Traxxas 1/16 scale models, the VXL-3m speed control and Velineon® 380 motor represent the latest in brushless technology. Fully LiPo compatible with low-voltage detection for 2S and 3S packs and rated for 6-12 NiMH cells, this potent, powerful combo gives E-Revo VXL precise throttle control and blistering top speed. Patent-pending Training Mode™ lets new drivers hone their skills at 50% throttle. When drivers' ed is through, full power and 50+mph is unleashed with a touch of the EZ-Set® button. Big speed requires big horsepower, so E-Revo VXL and Slash 4WD VXL carry the largest motor in the "mini" category. The Velineon 380 is built to the same no-compromise specs as the Velineon 3500 found in Traxxas' 70+mph 1/10 scale VXL models. High-speed ball bearings. Sintered rotor. Neodymium magnets. Gold plated 3.5mm connectors. It all adds up to 50,000 rpm of pure power and track-searing speed!
Waterproof Electronics For No-Limits R/C Excitement
Now a hallmark of Traxxas vehicles, E-Revo VXL is the latest model to be equipped with fully waterproof electronics to keep the fun rolling in water, mud and snow while lesser cars stay on the bench. The patent-pending sealed receiver box houses Traxxas' newest 4-channel micro receiver and can accept aftermarket receivers as well, without compromising the 1/16 VXL models' waterproof properties. The new VXL-3m electronic speed control and high-torque, digital micro servo are sealed against the elements giving you the freedom to go places other cars wouldn't dare to venture.
The 1/16 E-Revo VXL is fully assembled with TQ radio system, Velineon brushless power system, painted and decaled body, pre-glued tires, and detailed instructions. A Traxxas Power Cell NiMH battery and charger are also included, making the E-Revo VXL truly Ready-To-Race. Designed specifically for the high-power needs of the Velineon brushless system, the potent Power Cell pack features heavy-duty construction, 16-gauge wires and Traxxas' exclusive High-Current Connector for efficient power transfer, run after run. Traxxas backs the E-Revo VXL and all of our products with top-notch support that is second to none. A staff of skilled representatives is on-hand to answer your questions via phone, website, or e-mail. Unmatched parts support allows the E-Revo to be serviced with parts and support from thousands of hobby dealers worldwide. Your investment is also protected by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty. Traxxas goes the extra mile to ensure that your R/C experience is easy and fun (and fast!). Follow the details link above to go in depth on all the E-Revo VXL performance benefits and also be sure to check out the videos page to see it in action for yourself.
- Now Includes TQ 2.4G High Output Radio System w/Traxxas Link, EZ Start battery pack, and charger!
- Race-winning, F1-inspired Revo® suspension technology and E-Revo integrated chassis design, perfectly optimized for 1/16 scale
- Powered by the Velineon® Brushless Power System
- Traxxas High-Current Connector allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Velineon VXL-3m Electronic Speed Control
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Sport Mode – Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode – Forward / Brake
- Training Mode™ - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patent pending)
- Velineon 380 Brushless Motor
- Velineon 380 Brushless Motor
- High-strength Neodymium magnets
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- Gold-plated 3.5mm bullet connectors
- Digital High-Torque Waterproof Micro Steering Servo
- Waterproof, o-ring sealed receiver box
- Traxxas 4-channel micro receiver
- Sealed, silicone-filled differentials—an industry first in 1/16 scale
- Torque-Control™ slipper clutch system
- Telescoping universal-joint driveshafts
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Rocker-actuated shocks provide true progressive damping and spring rates
- Threaded-body, oil-filled shocks permit fast, precise preload adjustments and deliver smooth, consistent damping
- Fiber-composite monocoque chassis
- Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
- Integrated battery compartments with intake and exit cooling vents
- Quick-release battery doors for fast pack changes
- Scale all-terrain front and rear tires offer superior on- and off-road traction
- Pre-glued Talon™ tires with high-performance foam inserts
- Black-chrome Gemini™ 5-spoke wheels
- High-downforce rear wing
- Full line of genuine Traxxas accessories available
VXL-3m (Waterproof) ESC Specifications
- Length: 12.9 inches (328mm)
- Front Track: 9.4 inches (239mm)
- Rear Track: 4 inches (239mm)
- Weight: 38oz (1.09kg)
- Height (overall): 4.6 inches (117mm)
- Wheelbase: 7.9 inches (202mm)
- Front Shock Length: 48mm
- Rear Shock Length: 48mm
- Front Tires (pre-glued): Talon™ 2.0"
- Rear Tires (pre-glued): Talon™ 2.0"
- Front Wheels: 2.0" Gemini™ (black-chrome)
- Rear Wheels: 2.0" Gemini™ (black-chrome)
- Electronic Speed Control: Waterproof Velineon®VXL-3m ESC
- Motor (electric): Velineon® 380 Brushless
- Transmission: Heavy-Duty Single Speed
- Gear Ratio (internal): 5.04:1, (reversed input: 9.72:1)
- Overall Drive Ratio: 9.00 (stock, out-of-box)
- Differential Type: Hardened Steel Bevel, Sealed
- Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
- Chassis Structure/Material: Molded Composite Nylon Monocoque
- Brake Type: Electronic
- Drive System: Shaft-Driven 4WD
- Steering: Bellcrank
- Radio System: Traxxas TQ (2-Channel)
- Top Speed: 30+mph (stock, out-of-box)
- Skill Level: 2
- Input voltage: 6 to 12 cells NiMH, 2S to 3S LiPo
- Case Size: 26.5mm W x 46.5mm D x 22mm H
- Weight: 38 grams
- Motors: Sensorless Brushless
- Motor Limit: None
- On Resistance: 0.0005 Ohms
- PWM Frequency: 12,000Hz
- Peak Current: 326A
- Continuous Current: 52A
- BEC Voltage: m6.0V DC
- Motor / Battery Wiring: 16-Gauge Maxx® Cable
- Transistor Type: MOSFET
- Low Voltage Detection: 2-Stage indicators, switchable (on or off)
- Thermal Protection: 2-Stage thermal shutdown
- Profile selection:
- Sport Mode: 100% fwd, 100% brakes, 100% rev
- Race Mode: 100% fwd, 100% brakes, no rev.
- Training Mode: 50% fwd, 100% brakes, 50% rev.
- Single-button setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set®
- Battery Input Connector: Traxxas High-Current Connector
- Motor Connector: TRX 3.5mm Bullet Connectors
Get More Info: View the Technical Information for Traxxas E-Revo VXL RTR 4WD RC Racing Monster Truck 2.4GHz 1/16th Scale High Performance, High Speed.