The 9Eagles Solo Pro II Electric RTF RC Helicopter is very sturdy and crash resistant but some plastic parts may still need to be replaced after a particularly hard crash. We’ve bundled all the most commonly needed replacement parts into one discounted package so you can quickly get your Solo Pro II back in the air. The crash kit includes:
- 1 Solo Pro II Flybar
- 1 Set of Solo Pro II Main Rotor Blades (White)
- 1 Solo Pro II Helicopter Main Gear
- 1 Set of Solo Pro II Helicopter Black Landing Skids/Battery Holder
- 1 Solo Pro II Black Tail Blades
- 1 Solo Pro II Yellow Tail Set
- 1 Solo Pro II 1S 3.7V 120mAh LiPo Battery
The extra battery is included at a discounted price so you can fly longer between charges (and in some cases, crashes can damage the battery). These plastic parts are completely compatible with your 9Eagles Solo Pro II, so they all snap or screw in without the use of glues, thread lock compound, or other materials.
Besides using the replacement parts provided in the Crash Kit, you can also follow these tips to get your Solo Pro II flying again:
- Broken plastic parts like the landing skid can often be repaired with CA glue and accelerator. Epoxy resin also works but CA glue is preferable because of its lighter weight.
- Make sure that the rotor blade holders are tight enough to hold the blades, but not so tight as to prevent them from moving freely. Ideally, the main blades should swing under their own weight but not “wobble” up or down noticeably.
- A light, plastic-safe oil can be used on the main gears and swashplate to ensure they move freely. This is the most common cure for the “toilet bowl effect”, where the helicopter swings around in widening circles without pilot input.
You can get the Solo Pro II Crash Kit on our website. New to electric RC Helicopters? The Solo Pro II makes the perfect first helicopter for new pilots.
© Draganfly Innovations Inc.
Phone: 1-800-979-9794 / 306-955-9907
Crashes happen to everyone, and when they do it’s good to have parts ready for quick repairs. We’ve assembled several of the most frequently needed replacement parts for the MASH RC helicopter into one low cost package:
- 2 top rotor blades
- 2 bottom rotor blades
- 1 main blade holder
- 1 Ball Linkage Set
- Associated screws and hardware
Use this crash kit to repair your E-Flite MASH electric RC helicopter after crashes and get back in the air as soon as possible. Besides using the crash kit, you can also follow these general tips for repairing crash damage:
Glue broken plastic parts back together using medium or thick CA glue and accelerator
- Lubricate gears and hinges with a plastic-safe light oil
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to tighten the blade grips. Ideally, the blade grips will hold on to the rotor blades securely, but still allow them to move freely. Try to get them just tight enough that the blades can swing under their own weight.
- Reset all your trims to neutral before taking off again. A crash can (and usually will) change the alignment of the swash plate, linkages and other parts. By resetting the trims to neutral you will make your helicopter easier to level and get back into trim.
Learn more about the Eflite MASH electric RC helicopter on our website.
Everyone loves the RTF Multiplex Easystar electric RC glider; its great performance and affordability make it a favorite park flyer for both new and experienced modelers alike.
Multiplex has recently released a brand new kit version, that allows you to choose exactly which power system, battery type, and modifications you want during construction.
The new Multiplex Easystar Kit includes all the usual Easystar parts:
- High quality Elapor™ molded wings, fuselage, and tail section
- Custom propeller
- Removable canopy with a secure attachment clip
- Pre-cut bays for servos, batteries, and other components
- Pre-cut decorative decal set
- Thorough and easy to understand assembly instructions
A speed 400 type motor is included for those that choose to use it, but the main point of choosing the Easystar kit is to use a brushless motor and lipo battery. Brushless motors and lithium polymer batteries give you improved flight performance, much longer flight times, and reduce weight. You can also easily include ailerons, landing gear, and other custom parts.
If you want to build your Easystar with brushless hardware and a lithium polymer battery, we recommend the following parts:
- A Himax 2815 2000 brushless inrunner electric motor
- A 35 amp Castle Creations Thunderbird ESC
- A 6 x 4 APC composite propeller
- A Thunder Power G6 2100mAh 3 cell lithium polymer battery
- A Lithium polymer battery charger. We recommend either a Thunderpower 535C or a 610C. Both of these chargers can use a 12 volt battery, or a 12 volt AC adapter. Suitable AC adapters are available on our website.
The Multiplex Easystar Kit is perfect for first time modelers. It’s extremely forgiving flight characteristics and fast build time mean that you can get in the air in only a few hours. All the foam parts are pre colored, so you don’t have to worry about painting or other complicated and delicate finishing techniques. The Easystar also uses genuine Elapor™ foam that can “heal” broken parts from crashes with the application of heat. An electric power system allows anyone to fly safely in large parks, and the Easystar’s light weight reduces the danger of crashes.
If you’re a more experienced RC pilot, you will appreciate the flexibility that the Easystar Kit allows during construction. With this kit, you aren’t locked in to one proprietary radio system. You can easily choose what radio you want to use, and even use the Easystar with your existing transmitter. Because the Easystar Kit was designed to accept modern brushless and Lipo equipment, it can be used with all your existing chargers, power supplies and batteries.
If you want to modify your aircraft even further you can add our Eagletree flight logging systems, which fit perfectly in the Easystar’s oversized electronics bay. You can even add a wireless video camera and transform your Easystar into the ultimate FPV (first person view) aerial UAV wireless video system.
Learn more about the new Multiplex Easystar electric RC glider kit on our website. We also have an article outlining how to successfully convert your Easystar to a brushless motor and lipo battery power system.