FMS Flight Simulator March 6, 2008
Users of the excellent Flying Model Simulator are reporting having trouble getting it to work properly on Windows Vista. After installing and trying to run FMS, users are generally presented with an error box stating: “D3DRM.DLL cannot be loaded”. Basically, this is telling you that Windows is missing a library, and needs it to display the graphics. Fortunately, there is a library available that fixes this problem. In this article, I will show you how to install this on Windows Vista, so that FMS will work.
- First, reinstall the FMS flight simulator program. A self extracting installation wizard is available on the page, at http://modelsimulator.com/ Download the latest version, titled Version 2.0 Beta 7 (Windows 9x/ME/2000) – recommended Version
- After installing, you will need to install the missing library D3DRM.DLL in your Windows Vista System32 folder. Please be careful to follow these instructions exactly, you could damage your system by accidentally deleting files in this folder. Here is the installation procedure, be sure to follow it exactly.
- Go to http://www.driverskit.net/dll/get/494.html and enter the code that you see at the bottom of the page.
- Press the download button, and save the ZIP file to your computer.
- Extract the file D3DRM.DLL
- Move the file D3DRM.DLL into the folder C:\Windows\System32
- Restart the FMS application, and it should now work perfectly.
Get compatible FMS transmitter to USB interface cables and simulator kits here:
We sell USB interface cables to link your RC transmitter to your Windows PC for use with the FMS program. We have Futaba FMS cables, Hitec FMS cables, JR FMS cables, GWS FMS cables and a complete FMS simulator kit. Get one today at Draganfly Innovations Inc. www.RCToys.com
|» Next||Learning to Fly RC Airplanes – A Guide to Flying More and Crashing Less|
|« Previous||Electric RC Airplane Types|