Mini IR Indoor Helis September 9, 2007
After a few too many crashes the main rotor blade and tail propeller on your Mini Infrared Helicopter will eventually break, develop tears or lose the correct shape to fly efficiently. We sell replacement main rotor blades as well as tail propellers for the palm size mini helis. The replacement rotors are compatible with Mini Bell, Mini Spaceman, Havoc Heli, Picco Z and most of the other brandmates.
How to Remove the Old Main Rotor Blade
- In order to remove a mini IR helicopter main rotor, the main metal shaft must be held stationary with a small pair of needle nose pliers, or a pair of very thin vise grips.
- Grasp the shaft right below the bottom of the rotor, and while holding this stationary twist and pull the old damaged rotor off.
- If the old rotor is on too tight to remove and you are comfortable using a sharp hobby knife you can shave plastic off of the side of the main rotor shaft until you get down to the metal, essentially cutting the damaged rotor in half so it separates and removes easily.
How to Install the New Main Rotor Blade
- Once the old main rotor is off, continue holding the metal shaft with pliers, and gently press the new rotor onto the shaft.
- The main rotor only needs to go on far enough that it becomes snug but you can get it on farther by holding the main shaft with pliers, turning the helicopter upside down and tapping the rotor against a hard surface like a counter top, driving the metal shaft in further.
- If the new rotor is loose, put a drop of CA glue or silicone adhesive on the metal shaft before sliding the rotor on, and allow adequate time for it to dry.
How to Remove the Old Tail Propeller
- Removing the tail propeller is very easy, simply pull off the old tail propeller.
- Be gentle not to pull the motor out of its socket.
- The propeller should pull straight off. It is not glued.
How to Install the New Tail Propeller
- Inspect the motor shaft and remove any hair or dust that has built up.
- Gently push the new tail propeller onto the motor shaft.
- Power up your Mini Heli for a test flight.
- If the helicopter spins out of control, the tail propeller is on backwards. Gently pull off the tail propeller, flip it so the opposite side is facing the motor and press it back on.
|» Next||New RC Helicopter Online Information Resource – www.RCHelicopter.com|
|« Previous||You Can Replace Just The Top Stabilizer Bar of a Mini Heli Main Rotor|